Every year SPA invites printmakers to join our worldwide print exchange. The theme for the 2021 exchange will be REGENERATION. To participate you will create an edition of 11 postcard sized prints to submit and will receive 10 prints made by other printmakers in return. The last copy will be held in our archive and exhibited at the next Southern Printmakers Exhibition. You should consider the message on the postcard – something you might write to a friend and the postage stamps – they are all an important part of the exchange.
Your postcards may also be shown on our website and will be exhibited at the Hazelhurst Regional Gallery in 2021. We won’t publish your address or email information but we may publish the stamps and your text- check out the video of this year’s postcard exchange to see what we mean!
- Entrants must be over the age of 18.
- All prints (the size of the paper, not necessarily the size of the plate) MUST be 10cm x 15cm (4” x 6”).
- All 11 prints must be part of an edition.
- Paper should be from 250 – 350 gsm.
- Any method of printing is welcome.
- ALL POSTCARDS FROM AUSTRALIA OR OVERSEAS MUST BE SENT INDIVIDUALLY. NO BULK ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Stamps and postmarks are integral to the ‘postcard’. Make sure you provide us with your legible ADDRESS ON THE BACK OF POSTCARD so that we can identify your cards for the exchange. (Addresses will not be published)
- Please note that postage for overseas entries is taking longer. We advise that postcards be sent by the END of JANUARY 20201 and please notify us at our email address so we can await their arrival-thanks.
- Southern Printmakers Association will pay the postage for exchange prints.
- 10 of the 11 postcards will go to other artists in the exchange.
- One copy of your postcard will become part of an exhibition and be retained in our archives.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THE POSTCARD EXCHANGE YOU ARE GIVING THE SOUTHERN PRINTMAKERS ASSOCIATION INC. PERMISSION TO USE YOUR POSTCARD’S IMAGE AND CONTENT FOR EXHIBITION, PUBLISHING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (no personal addresses or emails will be published).
- ENTRIES DUE: 30th March 2021.
- Send to:
Southern Printmakers Association
c/- 28 Goolagong Place
MENAI, NSW 2234
AUSTRALIA (if posting from overseas)