Every year SPA invites printmakers to join our worldwide print exchange. The theme for the 2019 exchange was LIGHT & SHADE. Participants create an edition of 11 postcard sized prints to submit and they receive 10 prints made by other printmakers in return. The last copy is held in our archive and exhibited at the upcoming Southern Printmakers Exhibition. Participants need to consider the message on the postcard – something you might write to a friend and the postage stamps – they are all an important part of the exchange.
Your postcards are also displayed on our website, however for privacy reasons we don’t publish the participants address or email information.
- All prints (the size of the paper, not necessarily the size of the plate) MUST be 10cm x 15cm (4” x 6”).
- All 11 prints must be part of an edition.
- Paper should be from 250 – 350 gsm.
- Any method of printing is welcome.
- ALL POSTCARDS FROM AUSTRALIA OR OVERSEAS MUST BE SENT INDIVIDUALLY. NO BULK ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. Stamps and postmarks are integral to the ‘postcard’. Make sure you provide us with your legible ADDRESS ON THE BACK OF POSTCARD so that we can identify your cards for the exchange. (Addresses will not be published)
- Southern Printmakers Association will pay the postage for exchange prints.
- 10 of the 11 postcards will go to other artists in the exchange.
- One copy of your postcard will become part of an exhibition and be retained in our archives.
- BY PARTICIPATING IN THE POSTCARD EXCHANGE YOU ARE GIVING THE SOUTHERN PRINTMAKERS ASSOCIATION INC. PERMISSION TO USE YOUR POSTCARD’S IMAGE AND CONTENT FOR EXHIBITION, PUBLISHING AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (no personal addresses or emails will be published)
- ENTRIES DUE: Entries closed on the 1st April 2019.